4.06.2010

Hard Blink...

Hard blink... deep breath... step back... and take it all in.

Life seems to be screaming by and I feel like I am standing in a room watching as it all zooms by. Trying hard not to blink but when I do blink it is HARD. It's hard to blink because I am scared I am going to miss something.

How is my child 18 months? How did she learn to talk to me and tell me what she wants? How does she know where her friends live when we pass there house? When did she learn to open the fridge and search for what she wants on her own? When did she start memorizing her books and knowing what the next page will say? When did my newborn turn into a toddler??

How have I been married for three years? How have we become who we are? A family. A tiny one, but a family. How has he turned into Daddy and I have turned into Mommy? We swore we would never call each other that... but we do... and I love it. I am honored to be the mother of his children... so I do not mind the name... It warms my heart. Mommy.

Dear Life,
Please slow down, just a bit, in order for me to catch up. I am just a little bit behind. I want to lay on a beach somewhere warm and soak in the sun. Without a care in the world. Just for 30 minutes please. Thank you.
~Shan

Does anyone else feel this way?! Tell me I am not alone.
Anybody?


Our life in photos lately...

We let Carsyn make her own rice crispy treats!! Loads of fun!!


loving those treats!





we found a new coffee shop that I am in LOVE with. best latte I have EVER EVER had.


Carsyn at the coffee shop... enjoying some sweet potato.


Drew... enjoying MY latte.


My very strange child and 25% of the pile I attacked last night. Please know I completed the pile and have photos to prove it... later.


oh my gosh... my desk! it's cleanER now.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Life is going by fast. And your little one is smarter than any 18 month old I've ever met so shes got you sprinting! There are warm benches to lay on in Hawaii...

Lisa C said...

Your post just made me tear up a little. I remember feeling that and feeling like I don't have the time to take it all in. Now I have an official teenager who is taller than me, a pre-teen who is turning into a clown (not the shy little guy who once hid behind my legs) and a 9 year old going-on-16! Take it all in, it goes by so stinkin' fast! We miss you guys!!

Emma Krueger said...

I feel the exact same way. You are not alone, you are a great mom, wife and friend. Keep doing what you are doing. Carsyn is so beautiful just like her mommy!

Leslie said...

I was about to write about the same thing! As we get closer and closer to having this baby I keep thinking, "How did this happen!? And it is only going to go faster from here on out!!!" Crazy.