12.21.2010

Just keeping it real...

Well, we are almost 38 weeks and I am feeling oh so ready. To be honest I am not uncomfortable and not sitting watching the clock tick. Carsyn keeps us incredibly busy and entertained so really no time for all of that. I am just ready to meet my little guy and start this next stage of life. My house and kitchen were perfectly clean about a week ago but now I am staring at a filthy kitchen, a living room with a trail of saltine crackers from the couch all the way back to Carsyn's room (whose could they be?!) and loads and loads of toys thrown around. All results of life with a two year old, no dishwasher and a very pregnant mama.

I am so ready for my mom to be here! She told me today that I couldn't have him yet because I hadn't had my burst of energy to clean. Really, i've had it, but nothing stays clean so I am throwing in the towel.

Today I had one of those moments that I just had to blog. Any lady out there that has ever had a baby or even been to the OB for that matter can relate. Rewind about 7 months to our first doctors appointment for Cruz. You know the internal sonogram appointment where they confirm that you are indeed pregnant. Well, I was all out giddy at this appointment. Drew and I had gone back and forth for months about getting pregnant and we could never come to the conclusion of when a good time would be. Of course, how it always happens the Lord took the reigns and decided when we needed to be pregnant.

Anyways, I was so excited to have another little one and for Carsyn to be a big sister I could hardly stand it. When we went into the room the nurse handed me a pink rectangle/square like piece of paper. I am sure she said "bottoms off" like she does now but I guess that went in one ear and out the other. So I excitedly go into the very tiny nook and I come out with more than just bottoms off with this square/rectangle thing around me. Drew looks at me and just BURST into laughter and asks, WHY ARE YOU FULLY UNCLOTHED?!?! Immediately I realize what I've done turn purple/red and run back in to put on my top before the doctor comes in. I guess I was just so excited about seeing the doctor!

Today I was in that same room, trying so desperately to get my boots and jeans off to put that square/rectangle thing around me. At this point in my pregnancy it most definitely does not fit around my body (am I alone in this???, anyone, please?!?!) and I hear the doctor coming in and immediately Carsyn pulls back the curtain and asks her usual, Mommy, what cha doing?!? Ohhh you know, just GETTING DRESSEd... but really seriously, what is he going to see that he hasn't seen before but oh my goodness I was so embarrassed.

I really do love going to the OB (when I am pregnant) I mean, who wouldn't. It's the only time that its all about You and you just feel pampered almost. Although a visit to the spa or a massage would be nice...

Sorry for the random story but I just had to share.

Anyways, this is probably my last post on this blog because I am just finishing up designing my new blog!! Woohoo! I finally got a professional blog... trust me... it was time! I will post a link to it when it is all ready for its reveal!

I hope everyone has a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! A little I Phone Photo update for ya!

oh yes, this is already gone ;)
my precious angel on Sunday morning...
Cruz... this hat awaits you ;) can't wait to take his pictures!!!
37 weeks
Drew putting my boots on... Carsyn thinks its so funny and helps me sometimes as well!
My two loves! How lucky am I!?

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Laughing out loud at the mental of you coming out in just the paper sheet! Can't wait to hear news of Cruz's arrival!