10.05.2009

Today you are One...

Carsyn,

Today, my little princess, you turn One. I am filled with joy, tears, laughter and emotion as I sit here and reflect on this past year. I cannot believe that we are turning the page in your book to your second year. Last night when we gathered around you with friends to sing Happy Birthday to you, I couldn't help but be consumed with emotion and tears, happy tears of course Carsyn. At the same time thinking, how are we already here? It was just yesterday that they handed you to me and your daddy announced IT'S A GIRL!

This morning when we woke up Daddy was so excited to sing to you. You sat there and clapped along, so precious. Your fun loving spirit makes me smile everyday Carsyn and I cannot get enough of you.

The past few nights when we have gone to bed and come in to check on you, I have had to pick you up. Your daddy laughs at me but I have to explain to him that you are my baby and when you are sleeping is the only time you will let me snuggle you. You are so long, your legs wrap around the back of me and I cannot understand how you are this big.

It has been so fun to watch you grow over the past year Carsyn. From your first smile. To holding your head up. Your first giggle. Receiving your first little wings on your first flight to visit grandparents. Your first 911 call (haha, well Mommies call) Rolling over for the first time. Saying Ma Ma and Da Da. Sitting up. Eating your first foods. Watching you crawl for the first time on Mothers Day! The first time you held your arms out to us. Your first steps. Your first many words. Now you are a little speed walker/ runner making your way around the house or anywhere that you can. I am not sure how we are going to keep up with you!

We are so excited to watch you grow into a Beautiful Woman of the Lord. Our prayer is that you will be a young lady that loves others and Christ above everything else. That you walk in Grace and that your life will reflect that to others. We pray that you never lose your fun inviting spirit and that you will always give before you receive.

We feel so blessed to be your parents Carsyn and to get to raise you. Thank you so much for sneaking into our lives one year ago today.

Cannot wait to celebrate many more birthdays with you!!

Love Mommy and Daddy

2 comments:

Unknown said...

omg so precious

Mom

The Kowalskis said...

So sweet. I love letters to the little one. Now time for an update with pictures from the party :)