AND
Have you ever thought, WOW?? Well, that would never happen to ME, because I would never take my eyes off of MY BABY! Well, don't be fooled my friends... it will, inevitably happen to you. I am sorry.
Carsyn is fighting a cold, so last night she was up at 10,11,12,1,2 and finally and 3 we gave her some Tylenol and stuck her between us. I.WAS.SO.TIRED.I.COULD.NOT.SEE.STRAIGHT.
At 5:30 Drew got up to hit the waves with his buddy Jason. I barricaded her with pillows and snuggled her next to me. She was WIDE awake for some reason and I could barely keep my eye lids open.
So Drew kissed us goodbye around 6:01, Carsyn was doing her typical morning routine, pulling my hair, pulling my eye balls out, and trying to stick her paci in my mouth. So sweet, I know. Some time between then and 6:10 I fell asleep and around 6:10 I heard a huge BOOM and crying and Carsyn is NO.WHERE.TO.BE.FOUND. As you see by the video bellow she knows how to move and I guess she just moved her little self OFF THE STINKING BED!!
She landed under the lamp and some how under the bed. I seriously could not get her out at first. Granted, I was dead asleep. I started screaming and called Drew in hysterics to come home.
Today has been terribly awful and I have been worried sick about her. She is obviously fine, she just has a HUGE bruise on her head. I am not sure how she is fine... it doesn't make sense. Thank you Jesus. I don't know what she hit... I am assuming the metal frame of the bed.
Anyways...
Look at this poor face.... Break my heart... It even looks worse in person.
Has this ever happen to anyone else?? Please say yes.

11 comments:
Never fallen off the bed, but a few months ago Ellie Kate stuck four peas up her nose, and yes, I blogged about it :-)
um, yes this happened to me when i was babysitting a once!! it was horrible! i'll tell you the full story sometime =) poor carsyn! did you really make drew come home from surfing??
Yes! Nick's (husband) mom left him on the counter when he was 3 WEEKS old... because she was all, he can't move yet. And, well... he rolled off onto the tile. He is fine today, so don't worry ;)
I almost drowned in a pool when I was one, also. It happens to everyone at some point! You aren't a horrible mom!!!!!
p.s. She is still SO cute, even with bruises :)
umm remember when gabe fell out of the car onto the garage floor!!!
i never told carter!
love you! it can only make her stronger...right????
Oh goodness, just a few days ago I gave Caleb a bath. Apparently, the water was too hot, which I didn't know since Caleb didn't act like it was. Well, as soon as I lifted his little body out of the tub, I noticed his lower half was BRIGHT RED. Like BRIGHT BRIGHT red. I gasped and in a frantic effort to turn the cold water on, Caleb wiggled and slipped out of my hands and hit his head on the tub.
Needless to say, we both ended up crying after that one.
You're a good Mommy. Don't worry!
So glad you post about this stuff so that someday I won't think I'm a terrible mom!
You and Drew are wonderful parents! Carsyn is very fortunate.
That stuff has absolutely happenned to me, let's see, fallen off the changing table (more than once I think), she did a complete flip out of my arms at her birthday party (in front of everyone and I cried more than she did), she has a slight black eye from headbutting the back of the pew at church last night. I think I could write a whole paragraph on the things she has eaten that she shouldn't have-leaves, sticks, dog food, bugs, the list goes on.
it's happened to both of my boys. jon was sleeping with luke in the bed when he was just a few weeks old and he rolled off. luckily there were pillows on the floor where he landed. i still made him call the pediatrican. then grey fell out of the carseat and landed on the garage floor just a couple of months ago. he had a horrible bruise. that time it was my fault.
they both seem fine now. and if you're a bad mom, then i am too. :)
Um...when I was a baby, I apparently fell off the couch TWICE before my mom figured out I must be rolling over! And I turned out ok! (well...some might question how normal I am!) Carsyn is so adorable! You're a great mom, Shannon! Miss ya! Beth (Gilkerson) Wilson
I have won the worst mommy of the year award many many times. It's not a good feeling, but somehow..the kids survive!!
Post a Comment