Today was a special day. We both had the day off so we took advantage and slept in until 9:30ish… (Until the baby could go no longer without making mommy get up and eat something). So Drew took me to my favorite (expensive) breakfast stop, the Dipsea CafĂ©. It is right on the water in Mill Valley just incredibly Marin, but I still love it.
After that we snuggled on the couch to watch our wedding video. (Which had just come in the mail today, how appropriate). Of course I cried and made fun of myself and laughed because apparently someone gave me speed that day and I was hipper as all get out and giggling like a five-year-old girl the WHOLE ceremony. Poor Drew. As we watched the video and both had our hands on my growing belly, because baby C was all over the place, we laughed at where one year had brought us. Drew made the statement, “who thought 6 months from that day we would be finding out we were pregnant.” Well, I sure didn’t think that. I had big plans, but the Lord did too and we rest assured in them.
Just for fun I am going to share our story…
Our Story in a Nut Shell:
I met Drew 6 years ago this August when we were babies, just 18, and entering our freshman year of college. I took to Drew immediately. He was confident and had the cutest dimples that I had ever seen. He had a crocked smile, literally. He has lead worship for years now and has the bad habit of singing out of the side of his mouth. Therefore he talks and smiles out of the side of his mouth. I just love it. If you know him you know EXACTLY what I am talking about. Anyways, I quickly coined the nickname “Cutie Cutie Drew” in the freshman girls dorm and everyone knew that I thought Drew was well “Cutie Cutie Drew!!” ha! We had a lot of classes together that year and hung out in groups but nothing ever came of it.
Sophomore year I broke the kids heart. At our small private school we had these things called TWIRP dates, “The Woman Is Required To Pay.” I never ever took part in them because I thought it was DUMB to ask a guy out on a date, and if a guy wanted to go out with me, I just assumed he’d ask!! Ha! Well this particular year our dorm had a HUGE dinner and your roommates ask people out for you. I kindly told my friends NO THANKS and that I would be washing my hair that evening or something. So a few nights before the big event they told me they had a date for me and I had to go. I was mad but couldn’t have them call off the date so I broke down and decided to go. The cheesy thing was you didn’t know who your date would be! This is when the Bachelor was HUGE so they had each girl walk out, in front of 50 some odd guys and your date would bring you a red rose, UM how embarrassing (I hope they stopped doing this). Low and behold guess who my date was!! Cutie cutie Drew! I was too excited. So the evening was a blast and I ended up going to watch him play in his flag football game later that evening. So for the next few months Drew, being the patient sweet man that he is, would call me and come over to my dorm to visit and ask me to do small casual things OH! and send me cute notes in the mail. I was totally oblivious to his liking me but apparently the kid had some big time feelings for me. Aw. So finally around Christmas he plans this huge date. We would go to dinner and then to a Christmas Light extravaganza. Well… this date just HAPPEN to fall on the same night as my girlfriends Christmas exchange party, so me being the jerk I am I called him about 30 minutes before he was supposed to come get me and CANCELED! HELLO!! How rude am I?! I show up at this Christmas party and my girl Michelle (I think I remember it being Michelle, maybe it was Marbs??) totally calls me out and asks why I am not on this date with Drew??? Ummm… why did anyone else know about this date but me?? Apparently he had put some serious planning into it and APPARENTLY the sweet guy REALLY liked me. So, I call him back later that evening and ask if he still wants to hang out. (A few years later I find out that he had already told every guy in the dorm that he was done with me and never trying to hang out with me again EK!!) But he actually agrees to go so Drew, myself, my roommate and her boyfriend all go out to dinner. Possibly the WEIRDEST date of my life and Drew swears to this day that it was the WORST date of his entire life. AND HE STILL MARRIED ME!! Haha!
Anyways, needless to say Christmas break came on and he got over me being a jerk and we actually stayed really really good friends over the next two years.
I’ve got to go to bed. I will finish this story tomorrow!
Happy Anniversary Babe!
6 comments:
ah i love it! yall REALLY were made to live together forever because you both just love being weird together and having fun and that's the way it should be! i'm so glad to be friends with both of you...happy anniversary, holy goodness! just think about what life will be in 1 year from today, with a little one running around! i love you two very much.
p.s. i agree that date was the MOST AWKWARD date ever and i loved how you couldn't stop talking about how good all the creamed veggies were and drew couldn't stop talking about seinfeld...i mean, hilarious..haaa
I still love Seinfeld! greatest show ever made!
i mean .... were there no other good pictures of him??? :)
not sure if it was me ... i'd like to believe i saved the day, but it might have very well been Marbes. ha.
i agree with Mar ... ya'll are goofs and it's beautiful.
congrats friends.
Well this is FUN! I love hearing peoples stories. How funny. Ya know, we should have been friends. We seem very similiar. Eerily actually, and you make me laugh. Why did no one tell me about you? All I knew of you was that you was that you were friends with Audra and that you were the girl in my drawing class who sat a few seats away. Remember that!?!?!?!?! I was horrible in that stupid class. Horrible. My drawings looked like cartoons.
~Whitney
Hey girl!
Good to hear from you! How is your time at home? Are you guys having fun?! Yes, everything is going well here...as for the fort though, we saw your apartment burning down yesterday. We just laughed. Oh well.
loved this post! sorry it wasn't me either....i was too caught up in my own little boy world....dear god. all of you should be blessed for putting up with me soph year!!!
i love you and drew together!
Post a Comment