We are the proud owners of a 2008 Prius Hybrib. We have gone from spending $400 a month on gas to $90-$120!! So, our car payment is basically the money we would be spending on gas. Nice. The car is big with a huge hatch back trunk to hold all of the gear that our new arrival will need. Along with this car just being plain awesome, it's a smart car. If you have your key anywhere on you or in your purse it will just unlock when you walk up to it. Then you just hit a button to start the thing... you don't have to even use your key, just have it on you. On top of that we have a back up camera... awesome.
So, why am I telling you all of these things?? Because today Drew took the Prius (to get the oil changed and the tires rotated, what a sweetie), and I had to drive the old Olds-mobile Alero, (which they no longer make because it was such a piece of crap.)
Anyways, I get in the car and start looking for the button to hit. Ehhhmm blondie, put the key in the car, you aren't in the Prius. My genius husband forgot to take off his soft top surf rack so I am having to lean forward or backward because I am so stinking tall it's cutting into my head. What I didn't know is that the soft rack needed to be removed before I got onto the highway. The straps start flopping in the wind and banging against the window. CRAP! On top of that every time I went over a bump I thought the transmission was going to fall out of the car. Clink Clank pop boom... Whip whip whip of the soft top. My gosh!! I drove this car for the past 7 years and thought that it was a GREAT car! I never complained about it. Now, after driving my Smart Car Prius my poor little car seems like a piece to me! This made me sad.
I have no idea what this post means. :) just my day.
2 comments:
Prius owner here too.
It's amazing how much advanced technology is in the car. All that neat touch-screen cabin controls, the smart key system, things that JUST MAKES SENSE like shutting off the gasoline engine when you are idling, regenerative braking to save wear on the brake pads.. I can go on and on.
Frankly, after driving the Prius, normal cars feel downright primitive! :-)
haha, you're cute!
Post a Comment