So, today one of my neighbors/ friends had a precious little girl, Mara Grace. (pictures to be posted at the end of this post). I went up to the Hospital because I couldn't wait to get my hands on that precious little girl and ask her why she was holding out for so long in her mama's belly ( a week overdue). I was snapping pictures of sweet Mara and taking in all of the advice the Reann had to give me about labor and all of these wonderful crazy mommy things and a bit of panic began to come over me.
In less than 9 short weeks I will be a mommy. Forever. Like, this is something that will never end. In two years, I will have a two year old... In 18 years my child will be graduating from high school. oh my gosh. What am I doing???
HA! But seriously. I don't know if I am ready for this. This whole pregnancy thing has been an experience in and of itself. Spending countless nights/days with my head in the toilet, laying in bed at night with tears rolling down my face because my back hurts so bad and there is no way to get comfortable. Watching the number on the scale go up and up and up to numbers that I didn't even know my body could produce on a scale. Watching my belly move like an earthquake at night as my baby gets comfy.
Also, there are the amazing parts. Seeing the little flicker of a heart beat at our first appointed. OR seeing our babies face and realizing that it looks just like his/her dad. Hearing from the doctor that we have made a perfectly beautiful baby. Feeling it kick for the firs time. Watching Drew's face as he felt it kick for the first time. Discussing names and trying to find the perfect name to fit our little one for the rest of his or her life.
Now that I have adjusted to being pregnant I gotta get this thing outta me? Are you serious?? My life has to change again. Haha. I know I know, it is going to be wonderful and perfect and so so beautiful and I cannot wait. But I will be spending the next few weeks trying to prepare myself for this life changing experience. Any advice?? Should I read a book? Should I spend lots of time on my knees praying for Jesus to give me some knowledge?? Should I just sleep?
I'm a little nervous.
Anyways, here are some precious pics of Mara Grace...
6 comments:
ha ha...love you much
sleep i say just sleep, the rest of it will just come to you just like it is supposed to!
and perfect, it will be perfect my sweet friend
shannon! you are going to be the best mom. i agree with pascha- sleep all you can before little baby c joins the world :)
Oh wow. I love your honesty in all of this! I can't imagine the life changes that are about to take place, but I know that you will be a fantastic little mommy. You already are.
I TOTALLY understand what you are feeling, and I think it hit me about the exact same time. It has been cool though as we near the end (and it is harder and harder to have a good attitude and be thankful for pregnancy because of back pain, no sleep, etc.) that God has taken those fears and replaced them with such joy and excitement. I didn't think that it would happen, but I think I'm so ready to meet him and so ready to not be pregnant anymore that the fear has subsided. So hopefully that is encouraging for you!
oooh girl...you will do wonderfully. I don't even know you but I know you were made to be a mommy. Want advice? Yeah, rely on God, read His word about patience and peace, sleep as much as you can and go on tons of dates with your husband. Your life will change drastically, but it will be awesome! It will be different...but it will be your new "normal". My normal has changed quite a few times, and each "normal" is better than the next. ((hugs))
Besides sleep I would say to pack your bags early because hopefully you will be blessed like me to have your little one surprise you a few weeks early and smarter than me to have your bags packed so you don't have to send someone to your place with a forever long list of stuff to pack!
Post a Comment