It was such a beautiful day, the time of the day when the fog is just starting to burn off and the sun is reminding us of his enormous and hot presence. We arrive in SC just in time to lay on the beach to soak up some rays. After having to move away from a group of teens that felt the need to drop the F bomb every 5 seconds we were content. Well, for an hour at least until baby c would no longer let me lay out and Drew decided he would rather be surfing or sitting under am umbrella in a lawn chair then laying in the sand. Ha! That evening we enjoyed some yummy pizza (THE ONLY THING I CRAVE THESE DAYS) at a hole in the wall pizza place and a fat piece of chocolate cake from Safeway. Sadly we spent the evening flipping thru the channels because we no longer have a working television at home. It was so funny to catch up with all of the election stuff and DISCUSTING to realize how many crazy bizarre shows are out there. Yuck. I hate the television.
The next day we went to another fun little town called Capitola. This town is so precious and I honestly want to raise my children here. It’s right on the beach giving a bit of the So Cal feel, but still small enough to feel like home. Love it. Anyways, Drew and I were reading on a bench when we encountered the cutest thing. This little boy, 6 ½ years old, comes running by with a surf board in hand and paddles out for a wave. His dad sits down beside us and begins to cheer him on and direct him to where some good swell is coming in. Keep in mind this kid is 6 ½ and he is tiny. He has shaggy bleach blonde hair and Drew and I couldn’t help but stare and dream that some day this would be us with our little boy. If you know Drew you know that he is 30% human 70% surfer. That’s it. He absolutely loves surfing with everything in him. If he wouldn’t have married me he would have married his surfboard, I’m serious! Anyways, this kid was so precious and it was so fun to watch Drew’s eyes light up as he began to imagine some day teaching our little one to surf. On our way home we talked about me not being an over protective mom and letting Drew take our little one surfing when he/she is like 4!! I was freaking out thinking NO WAY my baby is going in that big ocean with those mean ol’ great white sharks at 4 years old. But, I have to let him if he wants and I know Drew will make sure this is what he or she wants. Ha! Anyways, I think it’s so funny that we keep talking about this baby as if it is a boy. Watch it be the girliest girlie girl that you have ever seen. Oh we would love her as well!!
Anyways, I hope that everyone is well. Here are the only pics we took on the trip ha. ☺

No comments:
Post a Comment