7.22.2009

Being a Mama... Project 52

I'm not exactly sure where I am going with this post so if I get all over the place, hang with me.

I woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. I was tired, crabby and didn't want to do a thing. Drew had to go run a few errands so Carsyn and I were just hanging out. She woke up crabby too so the two of us were not a good mix. She went back down for a nap and I should have joined her. She woke up about an hour and a half later... still crabby (she has an ear infection). Much to my dismay I put in Baby Einstein as a last resort. I am not a fan at all of TV for babies or baby Einstein but every once in a while isn't going to hurt her. Right?

I put in Baby Signs because I wanted to learn a few more to teach her. She knows, more and all done but I don't know anymore to teach her. I teach her MaMa all the time but she just stares at me. THEN we are sitting on the floor watching and they started the MaMa section and the girl starts signing MaMa like she knew it all along. I tackled her and started giggling with her, it made me so proud.

Anyways it made me think a lot about being a mom. A lot of my dearest friends are having babies right now and it is so fun to watch. I think about them being in the hospital, bringing them home, you know all of the first PRECIOUS moments. I cannot help but get tears in my eyes at thinking it. I am praying that all of you are soaking up each moment. It goes by TOO FAST.

How do I have a baby girl that is almost ten months old? I don't get it. But I know I love her with every ounce that is in me and then some.

Cheers to all you mama's out there! You are doing great! Random post.

Project 52 Week ??? 9 Photo By My MaMA

7 comments:

Megan said...

my babies just turned TWO! I don't know how they got here either. They just grow way too fast. I am still trying to soak up every moment.

Katie said...

Love the Bean picture!! And oh, I love me some good Baby Einstein (I know, I know, you don't like it really :)), but I'm glad your little girl signed "Mama"! How cute is that??

Erin said...

She's 10 months!?!?!? Geez! That went by fast!

Pascha said...

ahhh i love it! and cant you just not wait to do it ALL over again!!!! maybe this next time we can do it together!
love you

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

OH CRAP! See Shannon, I'm all teary eyed now. As my wife and my...16hour old baby lay sleeping behind me in this hospital room I just want to wrap them both in my arms and never let go. I might have to go back and listen to that song that you posted a while back and have a little "moment" by myself. Am I a pansy or what?

lizhoweth said...

good post, girl. UM, AND IT'S THRU THIS THAT I FOUND OUT THE HEWS HAD AUBREY. YAY!!