8.19.2009

I didn't call 911 this time... Just Linds

Sooo who said to not feed your kids eggs before 1? I should have listened.

I knew about egg allergies but Carsyn has done SO well with all other foods I thought eggs would be simple. My doctor said, Oh Yeah, give her eggs at 10 months, it will be fine.

So this morning I was making scrambled eggs for breakfast and thought, Hey, I will give Carsyn some! What I wish would have crossed my mind was... "Don't forget Drew is gone and he has the car so if anything does go wrong, your stranded!"

I give her the eggs and of course she loves them. Eats about 4 bites, which is good for my picky little busy eater. A moment later I notice red bumps coming up on her face. I pick her up and examine her and think, hmmm she must have scratched herself. Nope. The red bumps got bigger and redder and then she started coughing. I PANICKED. I thought, HER THROAT IS CLOSING UP! She keeps coughing and then starts vomiting and vomiting and more vomiting. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

I RAN to my neighbors house and we checked her out, I called the doctor and in the mean time Carsyn calmed down. She was super mellow but the bumps started to go down and the vomiting stopped. Thank you Lord. The Doc just told me to give her Benadryl and watch her breathing.

Seriously??

In other news she FINALLY GOT HER FIRST TOOTH LAST NIGHT!! I didn't even notice it until I felt in her mouth and pop there it was! So cute.

Also my sister taught her to say Bye Bye Uh Oh and HI! She gets the phone, holds it behind her ear and says HI DADA! Today while we were out in public I would say, SAY HI and she would repeat me Saaa Hiiiii. How precious.

Don't forget I am making my blog private so please leave your email address on the post bellow and your name and a link to your blog if I don't know ya!

5 comments:

Whitney said...

Ok. I am SO DUMB. When I read not to feed your child eggs before 1, I thought you meant 1pm, not 1 yr old!!! LOL!! I asked D why you couldn't feed a kid eggs before 1pm and he looked at me like I was a NUT.

Diet DP Loving Mom said...

Would love to be added. quietmind25@gmail.com

Katie said...

Oh goodness! I would have freaked out!!

Caleb likes the Nutri-Grain Eggo Waffles. Frozen or toasted (ew, I know, frozen). Sometimes I break it up, but usually I just give him a big chunk of waffle to chew on. It's hilarious!! Whenever I give him any kind of bread, I try to make it wheat or whole grain, since that's what we eat and we both kind of hate white bread. So far, so good .... :)

Ashley Mills said...

Oh my gosh! I am glad she is ok. That would have really scared me as well. I am enjoying your blog. :)

Anonymous said...

Love your blog please add me sol_rocha@hotmail.com