12.13.2009

What is THAT???


First of all, it has been a while since I have used a point and shoot so pardon my abilities at not focusing on the image! Oops!
Anyways, I am sure you are asking what the HECK is that?! Well...It's my breakfast! A few weeks ago I gave up all flour products. It has been an awesome experience and I have felt so much better. I have to admit that we have received a few cookie packages from friends and I have made lots of batches of cookies so I have had a little bit of flour BUT for the most part it is out of my diet. That means no cereal, not tortillas, no pasta... ect.
I REALLY love all of the things mentioned above so I have had to become creative in my endeavor.
My friend Leigh is SUPER OBBER healthy and she has helped me a lot. She told me about this Green Smoothie and I tried it and fell in love. It looks gross but I assure you that it is YUMMY, filling and energizing. I am challenging you all to try it and let me know what you think about it! SERIOUSLY! Do it and let me know.
Here are the benefits:
1. It's healthy.
2. Your body burns fruit in 20-30 minutes so it is an AWESOME way to jump start your metabolism in the morning.
3. Lots of iron so for all of you expecting mamas or mamas that are breast feeding this is amazingly good for you.
4. You will just feel better.

So here is how you make it:
In a blender add:
1. frozen banana (I just peel a banana, divide it in half and throw it in the freezer every-night).
2. 1/2 cup of water or milk (I do milk because the thought of adding water makes me gag).
3. 1 peeled orange.
4. As much FRESH baby spinach you can fit into the blender.
AND BLEND AWAY! You might have to stir it a few times and make sure that you blend it well, you want the spinach to be completely smooth.
WAALAA! Let me know what you think!

7 comments:

Kelly said...

wow..so cool! I am going to try this tomorrow! What does the spinach in it taste like??

Kinsey said...

I'm going to try it too! I'm doing a vegan experiment this month, so I am definitely open to new breakfast ideas. What made you give up flour specifically?

Pascha said...

i mean it doesnt look bad but does it taste like that nasty thing i bought you from jamba juice??

The Hallams said...

You and your diets...you crack me up.

Emma Krueger said...

It sounds good actually! I am jealous you are cutting flour out of your diet. I want to hear more about this adventure!

Pam Clayborn said...

i was with you until the spinach....=0)

abby coyle photo said...

I need to try this. I should have you give me some advice on diets. I want to try a gluten-free diet & see if it helps with my health issues. Do you know of any good ones?