7.25.2008

No More Skinny Club...




Well, I got kicked out of the skinny club. Not by my skinny friends, but by my mean ol doctor. About a week and a half ago I slid down a hill while picking berries and landed on my right hip. Don't worry I went to the doctor the next day and baby C is perfectly fine. But mama, wasn't so fine. Since then my hip has progressively been getting worse... and yesterday was the breaking point. I knew that I shouldn't go on a walk but being the stubborn person I am, I went anyways. By about 3:30 in the afternoon I could no longer walk, stand up sit down bend over... blah blah. Last night I laid in bed crying and trying to find a way to lay that wouldn't cause tears to come to my eyes... Finally at 9:00 Drew woke up and took me to the doctor. First of all, GOOD news, I didn't gain one pound in 2 weeks!! Woo! FINALLY!!!! This almost stopped me from crying... haha.

Anyways, Doc said that it could be a slipped disc or the baby is laying on a nerve and causing excruciating pain to send out into the whole right side of my body. BUT the only thing that he could do for me was tell me to take tylenol and start swimming instead of walking because he wouldn't do an X Ray or MRI, no need to expose these things to baby C. Just let mama hurt for the next 10 weeks!

Anyways, Drew and I have been laying on the couch watching movies today and resting. I can handle this whole being pregnant thing, but I cannot handle this pain. NO THANK YOU. So for the next 10 weeks, lets hope 8, I will be resting and not wearing myself out anymore.

Welp that's all.

5 comments:

Shane, Steph, Adeline, Adam said...

oh gosh, I really am hurting for you. This pregnant body can feel so claustraphobic!!! Praying Praying for healing. It's funny how 8-10 weeks doesn't sound long until you are pregnant!! Hang in there. So very close!!

Melinda said...

sorry about all of your back pain! I hope it starts to ease up for you soon.

lizhoweth said...

Oh my gosh!!! Why didn't you tell me?? I'm so sorry, girl! How miserable. I hope that you start to feel better really soon.

Anonymous said...

:(

Amy said...

Oh ouch!!! I really hope that you heal quickly! I had some issues during my last pregnancy that caused me pain 24/7 for the last 5 months or so. I would not wish that on anyone! Being pregnant is hard enough!