Our sweet baby girl decided to grace us with her ADORABLE presence last Sunday October 5th at 4:51 pm!! Here’s the story…
Saturday night:
When I went to bed I knew that something was different. She had been moving SO much that day and I just felt like something was about to happen. Before I went to bed I made sure that all of our bags were packed JUST INCASE I went into labor in the middle of the night.
5:30 a.m.
I got up to go to the bathroom and heard water hit the floor. HA! (Literally it sounded like someone poured a glass of water on the floor). I was so excited, I didn’t know if I should go to the bathroom or wake up Drew. So I headed to the bathroom screaming down the hall DREW MY WATER BROKE!! By the time I got back from the bathroom Drew was dressed and ready to go. He was super excited!!
6:45 a.m.
We arrived at the hospital. Upon arrival I am sure the nurses thought I was a goober because I announced that my name was Shannon and MY WATER HAD BROKE! I was smiling from ear-to-ear and giddy as could be. (Not like the movies)
Because my water had broken they wanted to hurry up the process to deliver within 24 hours. So I had to get on pitosin. (sp?)
8/9 a.m. They started me on PIT, which I would have liked to not do, but oh well. Shortly after starting the PIT the contractions sped up. We walked the halls until I couldn’t breath through any more contractions.
12:00 p.m.
We moved to the big labor and delivery room and I was somewhere around a 5. I couldn’t breath or talk through any more contractions so I requested an epidural. (Actually I screamed at Drew to get the nurse and tell her I wanted an epidural). All you pregnant ladies out there, GET AN EPIDURAL, they are the bomb. Mine worked for about 3-4 hours and started wearing off but was OH SO WORTH IT.
1-3:45
I rested and we talked and called people and had a few visitors. I couldn’t believe that only moments before I was crying and screaming through contractions but now I was happy as an ox, but a bit out of it.
3:00ish
My epidural started wearing off and I could feel contractions again. When it started to wear off I started feeling the urge to push. My nurse checked me and I was at a 9+ and ready to push. I had NO idea that the process would go that fast, I didn’t feel like it was real.
3:30ish-4:51 WE PUSHED!!
We pushed for about an hour and out popped this little bundle of joy. My mom and Drew were the first to see what she was. (They held/pushed my legs during delivery). Drew said IT’S A GIRL and before I knew it she was laying on my stomach and I was balling. The sweetest moment of my entire life. Drew and I laid there and she just looked at us forever. Back and forth back and forth… it was as if she was thinking, so you two are the ones who have been poking me and talking to me for the past 9 months.
She is an absolute angel. She only gets upset when she’s hungry or just needs some lovin from her mama!
We are blessed…
13 comments:
so sweet shannon. yall are gonna be great parents!
what a wonderful story! congratulations on your baby girl! she is amazing looking! : )
CONGRATS!!!! Beautiful girl!!!
Thank you for sharing! What an amazing day. Can't wait to see more pictures of your precious angel!
I always love hearing these stories and yours is such a good one! I'm so glad things went smoothly and sweetly for you! Loved the part about her checking ya'll out...so precious!
What a SWEEEEET story! Oh my word - I hope my story is exactly like yours. I love how giddy and excited you were. That is so awesome. Sweet baby - she has 2 great parents! :)
crazy crazy crazy. so do i get a prize for being the closest guesser?!?! :)
i just love that you have a BABY!!! a CHILD!!!! ahhh. give drew a big hug for me .... so proud of you BOTH!!
when you bringing this child to the MIDWEST!??!
You make it all sound so easy!!
um, girl, were you really reading my blog at 4:52am??!! I'm so sorry!! p.s. yes, I would love to come see Carsyn this week. It was so fun to keep looking over last night and see her little head. What a sweetie.
Congratulations again! She is so precious. I'm so happy for you two!
What a great story! She is so cute and I can't wait to see more pictures!
I'm so glad everything went well for you! Congratulations!
Congratulations!!
Post a Comment