10.18.2008

Multi Tasking... Passing Out

I have finally figured out how to prop Carsyn up just right so she can feed and I can type at the same time. I haven't had much time to blog lately, having a newborn and all. The moments that I am sitting down I am either feeding her or completely vegging out because my brain is fried.

Motherhood thus far has been pretty amazing. Carsyn definitely is like her father. Chill. She loves to sleep and she loves to eat, both traits of ours, just kidding I know this is every new born. We were having some pretty rough nights with sleep but the past two have been amazing. Thank you Carsyn. She has slept for 4 hours between feedings all thru the night. No fussing!! So last night she fed at 9, 1, 5 and 9!! So we got a pretty good night sleep! During the day though she likes to eat every hour and a half to three hours, so days are long.

Anyways, I am feeling amazing, except for being incredibly anemic. I am still pretty pasty white and I just don't have my normal energy. I believe that I forgot to mention in her birth story that I PASSED OUT after she was born. I don't mean fell asleep either.

After delivering baby your body should naturally contract out your placenta. Well, that wasn't happening so much with me. They had thrown Carsyn onto my chest and we were enjoying our sweet moment but I was still in a TON of pain and curious as to what they were doing down there poking and prodding and pushing... eh. Anyways my placenta finally came out along with over a liter of blood. Then the doctor inspected my placenta and not all of it had come out. He looks me in the eye and says, "I gotta go back in." Ehhmm WHAT?? What do you mean go back in??? Whatever he meant, HURT. Then after going back in he shows me the "rest of my placenta" that didn't come out. YUCK YUCK YUCK!!

So... after this all is well, RIGHT?? We have visitors, everyone is happy Carsyn is healthy and all is right with the world. Then they tell me I have to PEE before I can move rooms. Pee?? YIKES are you sure about that?? I just pushed out a baby, peeing doesn't sound FUN. Well, they made me get up and try. I am sitting there trying to pee and after about 10 minutes I decide it's not happening. So I GET UP, but instead of GETTING UP I go DOWN... and I mean down. Not sure how long I was out but when I woke up this big man was putting me back into my hospital bed and Drew and my mom are STANDING over me saying SHANNON, SHANNON CAN YOU HEAR US?!? For some reason I woke up on crack and thought everything was funny. We will leave out all of the strange and ridiculous comments that I made. Lets just say my husband was OH so proud of me. Not really.

So due to the huge blood loss I am a bit weak still.

Carsyn is beautiful though. I just stare at her all the time... my neck hurts.


I just posted a new album of her on FBook... here's the link.
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2023249&l=3d4b2&id=79800221

6 comments:

Melinda said...

She is beautiful Shan. Those pics. are great! I hope your dr. put you on an iron supplement to help you get your iron back up and that will help your energy too. I had to take these huge iron supplements for the first month.

Erin said...

Woah, nuts that you passed out!! I guess it was good that you were already in a hospital, though. Hope you get to feeling like yourself again soon---!!!

Katie said...

Oh man, I'm sorry about the peeing thing! I had to take iron, too, but I never passed out--yikes! Feel better soon!

Leslie said...

I bet poor Drew was scared to death! Should I send you some bronzer and self-tanner in the mail? ;)

Whitney said...

That. Is. The. Scariest. Story. I. Have. Ever. Heard.

Thank you. Thank you, sweet Shannon, for sharing that. ;)

Kinsey said...

That is exactly what happened to me . . . minus the whole half-placenta business. I got up to pee, sat there FOREVER, and then passed out on my way back to bed. It was nice though. It felt like I was asleep for hours. The first thing I said to the nurses was "Why didn't you let me sleep? I was dreaming."