12.04.2008

Life these days...

Sometimes I feel like I might be losing my mind. We live in a tiny apartment and pay WAY too much for our little space (can I get a "what what" from my seminary friends). Anyways, we don't have a dishwasher and our lives are fairly busy. I am staring at a sink full of dishes right now and it is making me want to vomit. I don't want to do one more dish. Our apartment is incredibly messy and I cleaned it this afternoon. Pillows and burp clothes all over the place, the car seat and diaper bag thrown on the futon, Drew's bag in the middle of the floor...

what is a girl to do??

I laugh when all of my friends post picture of their houses... ha! I wonder if they know how lucky they are to live in a house.

(I am SOO lucky to live where I live, not that I think I am unprivileged, I know I am)

But I can't complain, we chose to live here... and I love it. You couldn't pay me a million bucks to move back. I feel called here, I feel called to the people here, I have a heart for the people here.

We will probably always live in a tiny place and we will probably always pay too much for it. I will probably never own a dishwasher. And all of this is okay.

I just fee like being a little selfish for a moment! ;)

6 comments:

Dana said...

Hey girl I am feeling your pain! Well I don't have a baby to add into the mix but I do officially live in the most expensive city in the world! NO joke. And don't have a dishwasher for the amount of money i pay for rent! I will be moving back and am trying to find a place that is not too incredibly ridiculously priced for the size!

Pascha said...

hey...i wasnt sure if i had the right blog when i came over...i like it:)

im watching the chipendales perform on ellen right now...im disturbed

soo you are definitely NOT a bad mom for not rocking your sweet girl, i mean dont get me wrong i enjoy the time i get with gabe when we rock, but there are some times that it would be much more convenient to not rock, and now i dont have the option:)
and turns out he has a nasty little cold and that is why he isnt sleeping well:( poor little man

by the way i enjoyed talking so much with you last night...i miss you! love ya

Leslie said...

Well, for what it is worth we have lived in many scenarios (house, tiny apartment, bigger apartment in a DORM, and now a house again) and I count my blessings every day for our home now. But it is a tight squeeze, so if a little one comes a long in the next 3.5 years we'll be right there with ya! But you know what...I would bet money on the fact that your day-to-day life satisfaction is worlds beyond someone who is drowning in a daunting mortgage and constantly feeling the pressure to keep up with the Joneses in their neighborhood. At least that's what I tell myself when I'm having those same thoughts!

lizhoweth said...

Haha! I liked your post. Josh and I were just laughing at how pathetic we are the other night b/c we're so excited to move into our "new place" = the apartment you live in...even though it's still a 1959 seminary apartment! But hey, this is what happens when you start at the bottom...you can only go up! And it will make us that much more thankful when we actually have our own dishwasher and our own washer and dryer!!!!

lizhoweth said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jessica said...

Most days I still wish I was in that tiny space again!