6.10.2009

Midnight Poops, and Pig Tails...

Lets start with something fun!! Carsyn's hair finally fits in pig tails!! I started freaking out when I realized it and then explained to her that she will be wearing her hair in pig tails for the next 4 years. See the cuteness below...

See?? I can't even handle it!!

So here is a question for all of you mamas out there. What do you do when your kid poops in the middle of the night, but never wakes UP?? I am serious. On a consistent basis Carsyn makes a big time stinker and Drew is always telling me about it. He will go in to check on her and get hit with a terrible stanch. I feel so bad because she could sleep like six more hours and never wake up. Last night I had to get her up and change her, but that resulted in an hour long fight to try to get her back down. Soooo do I let her sit in her stinky poo and probably get a little rash on her toosh or do I wake her up and change her and then spend an hour battling to get her back down!? Am I the only one going through this?

Am I the only crazy mama out there?!

7 comments:

Megan said...

adorable pig tails.

tough question. my boys usually wake up, so they make the decision for me. quite honestly, i probably wouldn't wake the baby up. i know that's disgusting... but it's a nightmare to have one sleeping twin and one awake twin. sometimes it's impossible to ever put the awake twin back to bed with his brother, so i get stuck sleeping with him. i have no idea if putting a singleton back to bed is as difficult, but if it is, i wouldn't blame you if you let her sleep next time.

p.s. my boys aren't sensitive to diaper rash at all. if my babies were, that might change my mind.

Katie said...

I agree with Megan. I say let it go for a few days and if she gets a diaper rash, then you know what to do!!

Love the pigtails, too.

The Jones' said...

While reading this I was thinking the same thing...just let her sleep! But didnt want to sound like a bad mommy...then I read your other comments and realized I am not alone in this. I would probably cake on some diaper rash cream that way there is a barrier to help prevent a rash. Best of luck!

I am loving the pigtails! Makes me want a lil girl!!

Pascha said...

gabe definitely gets a rash when he sleeps with a dirty diaper soo i change it! BUT he doesnt even wake up when i get him up to change it like he literally lies there and sleeps on the changing table, so its easy for us.
if she doesnt get a bad rash, and she is hard to put back down, then let her sleep :)
love ya

Unknown said...

i definitely like the pig tails over the single spout at the top. While I am not a mom, I enjoyed reading the comments as a soon to be father. I like The Jones' comment about putting on a little extra diaper rash cream or even some extra vasoline when you put on her bedtime diaper. Maybe some Olive oil????

Pam Clayborn said...

I'm not a mom but hopefully I still count. A thick generous coat of either really thick diaper cream (zinc oxide) or ointment (vaseline) will act as a fantastic barrier cream. The poo won't actually touch her bum. Let a girl get her sleep - it takes a lot of hours to look that cute! That's true for both of you!!

bethbarnard said...

Never wake a sleep baby is my rule! Madeline poops at some point during the night many nights, I have no idea when because I am so scared to go in and check on her for fear of waking her. If her booty starts looking red I use Boudreaux Butt Paste (works the absolute best for us!)until the red is gone....usually only once or twice. Good Luck!