4.04.2009

1/2 a year + 1/4 Century

Carsyn,
My sweet little girl is 1/2 a year old. How is this possible? I know I say this every single day, but I feel like it was just yesterday that we were driving you home from the hospital... you are just growing up to fast.

This month Mommy and Daddy both turned 1/4 century old as well!!

The past month you got to travel back to where Mommy and Daddy are from, Texas and Oklahoma. It is so strange to think that when people ask you where you are from you will say, California!

On our trip you got to spend a week with your Mimi PaPa and your Auntie Meg in Texas while Mommy participated in one of her best friends weddings. You and your Auntie Meg had so much fun playing Pick-A-Boo and doing all sorts of fun things. I think you wished you lived with Auntie Meg instead of Mommy sometimes.



Mommy also enjoyed the visit because every single morning at 7:15 when PaPa or MiMi heard your fist peep they ran into your room and asked if they needed to take you!! OF COURSE YOU CAN TAKE HER!! I slept more that week that I have since you were born! You and your PaPa would sit and play with the dogs (through the window of course) and MiMi would walk you all around the house while cleaning and picking up and doing her thing. She is the only person that can rock you to sleep. I always tell her that you hate being rocked, but she somehow rocks you to sleep. So precious.





After visiting Texas we had to make an unexpected visit to Oklahoma. Your Uncle Ross was in a terrible accident and got hit by a car. He is going to be okay, but he was hurt very badly and had to spend 2 weeks in the hospital. You did Love on your Uncle Ross and your LaLee and your PaPa K a ton though. I think that you were good medicine for everyone. While we were there you also encountered your first Blizzard!










You did so great on the plane ride!! You didn't even cry!! You were as happy as could be, mostly because Mommy nursed you the whole time. What a lucky girl you are. You sat up in the big girl chair on the way back with Daddy. We were so proud.




While we were on our trip you mastered sitting up. You had been doing the Monkey Sit Up, where you leaned forward on your hands, but one day you just stopped doing that and you were a PRO at sitting up. We are so proud. There are so many things that you do now. You say DA DA (your dad is so swollen with Pride). You play so well with your toys. You love just sitting and picking up new toys and seeing how they work. You love your jumpy. It makes you squeal with laughter every time you are in it. Daddy thinks it is the best thing ever.

Today we took you to the park and you got to swing for the first time!! OH MY GOODNESS. Were you the cutest little thing or what!?!? Daddy and I were giggling with excitement at how sweet you were and how much you loved it. Your Uncle Jason and Auntie Emily (with Aubrey Jean in her belly) came along for the excitement! You also went down the slide with Daddy!! So fun!! He is so ready for you to be running around playing with him!!




The past week Mommy finally started giving you Rice Cereal. We tried to give it to you a few months ago but you would have nothing to do with it. Now you love it so much and get so mad when we are not shoveling it in fast enough! In 2 weeks we will move onto real baby food! Yea! I cannot wait to see how you handle this!

A few little random things:
You are ticklish all over your tummy.
You think Pick A Boo is the next best thing since Rice Cereal.
You Love Love Love People.
Your personality is loud and crazy and outgoing. (Cannot imagine where that came from).
You like to eat your feet.
You think it is so funny when Mommy or Daddy bite your fingers.
You are getting so much better with sleeping. (thank goodness!!)

I am sure there are plenty of things that I have forgotten and sorry I do not have photos to capture everything. I will try to take more and fill in the holes.

Basically, you are the apple of our eye. Tonight when I was putting you to bed you were so so tired. I walked into your room with the lights off and your waves already going and you immediately laid your head on my shoulder and passed out. I held you forever and just wanted to soak up that sweet moment. You are not much of a cuddlier anymore. You are always too busy looking at things, talking or just seeing what is going on around you. I just stood there and rocked you and Thanked Jesus for letting me have such a sweet sweet baby girl. We love you sweet girl and are looking forward to another fun month!!

Love,
Mommy and Daddy

5 comments:

Katie said...

This is too sweet! I can't believe how big Carsyn is getting. I know what you mean about wanting to hold them forever ... time goes by so quickly, I want to cherish those cuddling moments!

Unknown said...

This is a great diary for Carsyn to look back on. That picture with Uncle Ross in the hospital bed is absolutely amazing. You did forget something though...her first Airporter ride. Sorry Carsyn, I'm a bad Uncle.

The Kowalskis said...

Shannon, This was so sweet! What a great idea. My emotional pregnant self was all weepy with this.

p.s. She is the cutest thing EVER.

Emma Krueger said...

I cried when I read this. This was such a beautiful post. Shan you love your daughter so much and I cant wait to have a daughter of my own. I cant wait to see you either. Almost a month away!

The Hallams said...

I absolutely LOVE the picture of her in the swing!!! Gracie would be proud!