Carsyn is really really petite and it has always bothered me because A) Her mama aint no petite thang and B) Her daddy aint no petite guy. I am 5'9 and Drew is 6'1. Our family has lots of shorter petite people in them, but not Drew or myself.
Anyways, they put her on the scale and I was like I bet she weighs 15 pounds! I just knew it!
NOPE!! 13.9 whooping pounds. My heart sunk. I knew that I was going to get in trouble or that something was wrong with her. Then when they measured her she had only grown one inch. 24 inches. My heart sunk then started racing frantically. I looked at the nurse and said, IS THAT OKAY??? She said, "The doctor will have to talk to you about that"
OMG!!! I am not a mom to panic or worry, but I was worried.
The doctor comes in and looks at Carsyn and says, girl you sure are long and lean. Long torso but big ol chunky legs. She looked me up and down and said yup, takes after her mama. Hmmm... thanks????
She talked to me a lot about her size and told me not to worry about it at all. Carsyn is an INCREDIBLY active child. She is constantly squirming, kicking, flailing her arms, scotching backwards, jumping in her jumpy... simply MOVING. Again, just like her mama. Therefore she is burning lots and lots of calories. The doctor said she's just got something inside of her that constantly wants to move.
She continued to explain to me that I should ready myself for the next few months. When Carsyn moves, she's gonna move. She giggled to herself and said, I cannot wait to see her when she is two. I giggled inside and thought, Dear Lord, me either, YIKES.
Basically we are going to have our hands full. But what can I expect... she's got my genes.
But how can you resist this face...

Okay, well maybe this one :)
6 comments:
She is growing so fast! I don't know how anyone can resist that face. I bet she has EVERYONE wrapped around her finger in about 3 seconds!
Oh that baby is PRECIOUS!!! She is petite. She looks like so much fun to wag around. And those faces!!??!?!??!?? Fantastic.
HA i love that the doc said that to you..."ummm thanks?" HA
sweet girl! cant wait to see you guys soon.
By the way did you get gabes phone message the other day?
Daisy is also long and lean 13lbs 12 oz and 26.5 inches long at her 6 month appointment, and really she cannot get this from Chris and I. I keep thinking she will outgrow it! Dont worry, as long as they are on the growth chart and growing they are fine! I love Carsyn's pictures! She is adorable!
The first picture is awesome! She is doing Kung Fu or something. It never even crossed my mind that Carsyn is at all unhealthy. She looks like a very healthy and happy child!
She is so sweet, Shannon. So cute!
Post a Comment