Soo today Drew and I ventured to our small downtown to grab a cup of Joe and enjoy the beautiful day. I ended up getting Gelato and Drew got his usual black cup of coffee.
There were tons of little kids playing in the park so we thought it would be fun to take Carsyn over to play. We visited with a few people and then this sweet lady and little boy sat down next to us. knew the little boy was Carsyns age and the mom started talking to me and her. We talked about how old they were (one month apart to the day) we told our birth stories, talked about nursing, her little boy already had 8 teeth (Carsyn still 0), she told me about his cool shoes (IsaBooties) and some baby snacks with out sugar. (HappyBaby.com) Needless to say, we talked for a long time and I still had NO IDEA I was talking to anyone famous.
Her friends (pictured with her above) returned and we visited with them for awhile and decided to go home for dinner. We said our goodbyes and on the way to the car I was like, I KNOW HER!! Drew was like, Whhaat are you talking about? I proceeded to explain that I knew her Jaw Line! haha. Again, Drew said what are you talking about sweetie. I was like, SHE'S FAMOUS!! I KNOW IT!
When we got home I bolted to the computer and simply typed in celeb BABY HENRY!! and guess who popped up?? Sure enough, baby Henry and the sweet lady I just chatted with...
MINNIE DRIVER!!!
How did I not know???
So funny. Maybe I should watch more movies and know my stars better. haha!
7 comments:
hilarious!!! and so cool!
that seriously is so fun!
i am a little jealous!
was she nice??
How cool! You are basically famous now! ;) That's neat that she just chatted away with you. I bet she enjoyed the fact that you maybe didn't recognize her and freak out that she was a celebrity. That probably gets annoying. Cool story!
let's go back to the park today and try to find her!! haha, that would be scary.
that is SO cool and I'm sure it was nice for her to have a normal conversation with someone without you acting star struck!
So cool! I think I need to move to Cali!
Reminds me of the time I was walking through the building my mom works in (Tower City Center in downtown Cleveland) and passed by some guy that I KNEW was famous, but I had no clue who he was. All I knew was that at some point I had seen him on TV, but he didn't strike me as an actor. It bugged me so much that I stalked him into the Hard Rock Cafe, asked for his autograph, then read it to find out who he was. Turns out he was Rudy Galindo (sp?), the male figure skater. He and Brian Bortano (sp?) and bunch of others were there for a show that night. I was right, I had seen him on tv, on a figure skating event.
Post a Comment