2.03.2009

Breast Feeding Questions...

Okay all of you Breast Feeding mama's out there... I have some questions for you.

1. Are you hungry ALL.OF.THE.TIME? Like cannot get enough to eat??? It's so strange. I was never a BIG meal eater or a big eater in general. I always loved to just eat random little small meals through out the day... and I would never eat a lot at a meal. Now I cannot wait until the next meal time and when I do fix my plate it is gone in seconds.

WHATS MY DEAL??? Can someone please relate????


2. Is your child's poop ever strange?? Lately (we're talking like 2 weeks) her poop has smelt like Rotel??? I mean, I eat a lot of spicy stuff, but Rotel??? And her poop is green.

3. Do you always want to eat chocolate?? Like cookies and brownies??

Please help me understand if I am normal or just have a food addiction???

Anybody???

6 comments:

Katie said...

I'm with you, girl. When Caleb was born, I completely lost my appetite. Now, it is back with a vengeance! I have to be really careful to not overeat. Since I'm home all day, I've actually had to throw away packages of perfectly good oreos, cookies, etc., just so I wouldn't be tempted to snack on them. Graham crackers are now my indulgence. And yes, Caleb's poop is strange. He doesn't poop as much anymore and when he does, sometimes it smells really stinky or sometimes it smells really sweet/sour, like vinegar (weird). Yesterday he had two blow-outs in one hour, which is rare these days. Crazy little poopers!!

keely said...

You would be AMAZED to know how hard your body works (and therefore, how many calories you are burning) to provide that crazy breast milk. Seriously. I lost 60pounds in the course of my son's breastfeeding journey, and I never.stopped.eating. Ever.
My husband had to stop eating Honey Nut Cheerios for a while because our son's poop reminded him too much of the smell.

William, Megan and Avery said...

It's crazy around here!

I eat everything. All the time. My husband asks if I'm still pregnant... It's bad! The doctor told me I would need to continue to eat at least 300 extra calories a day while breastfeeding... Pretty sure I'm eating more than that! :)

Last week Avery's poop changed from that orangy yellow stuff to green. I think it's because at some point your milk changes... And it stinks! I used to leave her in 1 diaper all night long, but now I change her at 2am just because it smells so bad!

And yes, I love chocolate. I ate 2 chocolate cupcakes this morning. Eek!

Megan

Leslie said...

I have nothing to offer, other than HELLO! (Oh, and I would use any excuse to eat whenever I want, so I say enjoy it!)

keely said...

Of course! How old is her son?

The Jungs said...

Um, yeah I'm pretty sure I was just as hungry while breastfeeding as I was when pregnant. I've almost completely dried up now (got sick and had to pump for a week and it didn't really come back) and my appetite has changed! I'm used to eating alot so I want to, but I get full so easy. As for the poop situation, I can't say it ever smelled like rotel :) I remember kind of a sweet, vinegary smell like described in someone else's comment, and then when he started on cereal it really became rank. Fun times :)