1.24.2009

questions...

Since you grew up in the Midwest but are now a California girl, do you like seafood? What is your favorite kind of food?

~Unfortunately I do not like seafood. I never really have. I will eat Shrimp if it is dipped in some batter and fried. I love Oreos.

How much do you miss me? (from my BFF Kelsey)

~Girl you know how much I miss you! I miss our walks. I miss laying on the couch with you eating queso and guacamole. I miss you always making fun of my big girl panties sticking out of my jeans. I miss going to sonic to get route 44's. I miss how you can always ALWAYS make me laugh. I just miss you like the desert miss the rain girl. Come visit.

So since you're a California girl and all organic and green now, what are a few of your favorite products?

Well... Since you Asked... :)



PANGEA SOAP. This stuff is amazing and it smells so stinking good!!

href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgFM_jojniSrF0Dbie4mlF9e_ID01NVGk4AeJ0KdJsOJkhydVKpK9MAtmkDbwnTwAUd56HP8NJYlZtrUldGuwQrklkBxQZ68K9xa6CISumPW-_i1IrWRT1f8i9WnZTSJKAOcYD2BP837mM/s1600-h/MM_LAV_Scr_72.jpg">

Meyer's Surface Cleaner. I don't know if you know, but Comet Cleaner is from the Devil. That stuff is the worst thing in the world for you. Please Please if you have it in your house walk to the cabinet right now and throw it in the trash. Especially if you have sweet babies in your house, YUCK, get it out, it's terrible. Meyer's surface cleaner works wonders. Order it online. I have the lavender and lemon scent... both excellent.



Meyer's Dish soap! Yummy!



Meyer's all purpose cleaner. Extra Yummy! Kills ants too! ;)



Meyer's baby stain remover! So good! Smells like a little baby too! The smell will remind you of your childhood.



Baby Hand Soap. Yummy too! We're out and I miss it!



Best Face Scrub! Pangea


Why did you start blogging?
~I started blogging because I love to read other peoples blogs and thought... what the hey, I will start one too.
But I have also been blogging since my Sophomore Year of College. Xanga, What what!

What has been the biggest surprise since being a new mom? How has motherhood surprised you so far?
~I cannot explain to you how much I love this precious baby girl. I mean I love her with everything in me. I had no idea. Also, I had no idea how much I could care less about me. I don't care how I look. Nothing about me matters.

What are the baby items you really couldn't live without? I'm getting ready to do our baby registry and I just posted a thing about wanting ideas of what we will need....then I found this post! Perfect timing!

I love love love her Bumbo Chair! It is a must! I think I will use it for her High Chair as well.
Love Baby Einstein. She loves it too.
Love her Boppy Swing. She swung in it for an hour this morning. Go Girl!
Can absolutely not live with out her noise Machine. She listens to the waves all night long. We forgot them one night on our trip and we were FREAKING OUT!
Love her Boppy.
Love my BeBe Au Lait (aka Hooter Hider).
Mam Paci's
Madela Pump...
Jogger
Mylicon. Drops.. yup still living off those.
Fenugreek (low milk supply, bummer, I have to take supplements).
Ummm... that's all I can think of right now.


How did you and your husband meet? What made you pick the name Carsyn for your baby? What do you love most about California and what do you hate most? (I grew up in California and now live in Portland and see there are many things that only California has:) )

~How did Drew and I meet. Well... I will give the short story. We met our Freshman year of College. We had our very first college class together. I remember our professor had us go around the room and make up something that went along with our name. When Drew went I wrote on my paper "cutie cutie Drew!" Because he was/is a CUTIE!! Haha! We became good friends over that year, went on a few dates our sophomore year, didn't work out, stayed close then started dating again our Senior year. Now that is the VERY short version of the story. I will have to tell more some other time, though I know I have posted it before somewhere in this blog.
Carsyn-Well, one night we were lying in bed, just barely pregnant and I blurted out the name Carsyn. We both loved it immediately. We had a few back up names incase it didn't fit. I will share them because I know we wont use them later (we already have another girl name if we do have another girl, and don't worry it's CUTE). So the names were Lynnleigh and Lila. Both super cute, but our little girl was just a Carsyn. It fits her so well now.

I love California's weather. Well, I guess that the Bay Area is different than most people's idea of Sunny California. I honestly like the fog, it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. But I love my sunshine too! There is a perfect balance here. I also love how I could go surfing in the morning, hike in the afternoon, drive 3 hours to Tahoe and Ski or 3 hours to Yosemite and Hike. It's just a great place to be!
Ummm, and I Iove Trader Joes. The End.



What type of work do you do? I'm sure it was hard to go back after having Carsyn. Are you working full-time or part-time?
What type of daycare is she in?

~I work for a non-profit in a small town on the bay called Sausalito. We are called Teens for Safe Cosmetics. We do great things. Our main push right now is our cosmetic line called Teens Turning Green. You can purchase our items at Whole Foods across the Nation and soon in Pottery Barn Teen! Yea! It's a great company, feel free to check us out on the web.
So was it hard to go back? Yes and No. I only work 12 hours a week... so that is da bomb. I work Monday Tuesday Thursday and Drew stays with her. If I didn't know that she was at home bonding with her daddy, then it would be hard. But I am the type of person that needs to work. I need to know that I am making a difference, not that being mommy is not a big enough difference. I need to be out there, plugged in, but that is just me. I think that answers all of the questions beyond that.


How long will you be living on campus? Where will you be living when you move? I demand an answer to these questions!

~Ha! Okay Mr. Hew, I will answer your question. Drew and I plan on living on campus at least another year and a half. I would like to move this summer, just because the market is ripe. But Drew wants to finish up one more year of ThM. We shall see! I believe that we will be living in Santa Cruz or San Diego. Obviously Santa Cruz being our first choice, but we are open to wherever the Lord leads us.

4 comments:

Erin said...

Good post, Shannon! I might have to try some of those organic products; we already use and love Mrs. Meyers, but I hadn't heard of the soaps and such.

Unknown said...

I have a strong sense that you guys will be in Santa Cruz. If its ripe then its time to harvest!

abby coyle photo said...

I'm so excited to be able to shop at Whole Foods! I loved it when I visited Tyler in Oregon. Oklahoma is seriously missing out.

PS-Xanga days were the best!!!

lizhoweth said...

yay! i get it now :) fun idea for a post. thanks again for the diapers! they fit great...oh wait, were those supposed to be for the baby?