Sooo since returning from our visit South, Carsyn has not been the best sleeper or napper. She basically refuses to nap, and she is waking up at all hours of the night to feed. I am not a happy person if I don't get much sleep, plus I have started back to work, so these two combinations are no bueno.
Anyways, last night she impressed me. She stayed up until 8:00 (she usually hits the hay by 6:30). Around eleven she usually wakes up pissed off and ready to eat again. It's so hard because I've usually be in bed for about 30 minutes, and you know that first sleep when you are sleeping as hard as a rock, thats where I am. So she started fussing at 11:00 and I was just brushing my teeth for bed at this point. I ran in, popped the paci in and snuck out, I didn't hear another peep. Success!!! 3:30 rolls around which is her usual awake time. I hear her fussing through the monitor and I know that I need to get up, but I fall back asleep for a few minutes. I wake to no fussy noises. Strange. So I sneak in her room to find her sleeping but on her side??? Umm, baby girl how did you get like that??? Being half asleep and not thinking logically I go get Drew to show her to him. We are both dumb founded and take a vote to roll her back over. So I CAREFULLY roll her back over. She starts squirming and rolls back to her side. Impressive! Guess she learned how to roll to her side, I just haven't been paying attention.
Finally at 5:00 she's ready to eat. I didn't mind because my body is used to feeding her at 3, so I was grateful... I was also grateful for the sleep!! Go Carsyn!!
7 comments:
Good job for Carsyn!! Caleb refuses to go to down any earlier than 9:30 (he just isn't tired) and he usually wakes up around 7:00. But girl, I know what you mean with being ready to feed the baby--I'm in SO MUCH PAIN by the time morning comes!!! And that's crazy with Carsyn rolling on her side! Good girl! Maybe she's more comfortable that way ..??
AHHH good job baby girl!!!
Did you call me yesterday?
I LOVE the pics below, did drew take them? you both look fabulous!
Love you
So funny! Yay for sleep. What are you doing with Carsyn while you go back to work (though that is not an immediate concern of mine, I'm always interested in what other mommas figure out on the work/life side of things!)
I guess you could put my comment in your "Question" post! ;)
Awesome! I guess my friend had a good strategy when he said, "Just keep them up as long as possible then they sleep through. That hour and a half extra let her sleep through the night (pretty much). Emily and I were so amazed. I had her propped up a bit on a pillow in our living room and she kept lifting her head trying to sit up. She's ready to get up and go!
I have been meaning to leave a comment on like your last three posts... first, I really loved reading your one year ago post, since my husband and I are in the same boat! We just hit our six month anniversary last month and are due in July... with our surprise baby. Second, the pictures of you and Carsyn are TOO CUTE! And third, I love reading all your mommy stuff!
She is getting to be a big girl...and yay for sleep! ;)
Post a Comment