3.06.2009

Cry It Out... Part 2 + Party!

Man... I am tired. Mostly emotionally. All of this is to benefit her schedule, to better her sleep time, and to help her not be a spoiled little fart in a year from now.

But it is KILLING me. Hearing my girl cry and cry just KILLS ME!

Last night she did awesome went to sleep after 15 minutes. But she woke up 3 times during the middle of the night. 12, 1 and 3. Finally at 3:00 I fed her, mostly for my benefit.

This mornings nap was rough too, I finally gave up after an hour. Maybe we will try again. What is her deal??? I am really hoping she catches on soon... if not I might lose it.

On another note... Look how cute my little girl is. She was hanging out with Daddy yesterday and the sun was hitting her just right... I couldn't resist. Pardon the drool, she has a thing for blowing bubbles and this is the result.



Be looking for some FUN photos tomorrow! Tonight our friends the Hews are having a "SEEXY PARTY" meaning SEE if their baby is X or Y. We are all going to enjoy dinner together and then everyone is getting a cup cake filled with pink or blue cream and then we will all bite into the cup cake together to see what their baby is. OH.MY.GOSH. I start tearing up when I think about it. I will be photographing the grand event sooo YEA!!

6 comments:

The Jungs said...

Girl, I know its hard but I'm here to tell you that it is mucho worth it. I have to remember during those times that it is in Elijah's best interest that he cries, because he has got to learn how to sleep and the only way he can learn is if I teach him. I promise, it will get better and this stage will not be bad for long. It won't totally go away (at least it didn't for us) but it will start to get better. Just BE CONSISTENT, you can do it!!

keely said...

well, we're on complete opposite sides of the fence here, so i'll encourage you to do what feels right for you guys, not what books tell you is "best" for your baby. we've never let our boys cry it out and i don't think anyone would describe our 2 1/2 year old as a spoiled little fart. (not that you were, just saying...)
but again, i'm just not a cry it out fan.

Kinsey said...

So many questions . . .

a) are you guys crying it out for every nap and bedtime?
b) if she wakes up early, do you let her cry?
c) this isn't a question, but she is ADORABLE!

The Jungs said...

Well, I feel like I should elaborate (I don't want to seem like a mean mommy!) Now, at 6 months old, I lay Elijah down and he goes to sleep. I don't have to rock him or give him a paci or anything, he just knows to go to sleep. He fights his naptime like twice a week or so, and sometimes its so bad I just get him up and we try again later. But, I just wanted to explain so I don't seem like my baby just cries and cries all day! :)

Jessica said...

Ok that picture is AWESOME!

Sarah said...

Shannon, she is SO cute. Really.