3.19.2009

Times they are a changing...

Being "home" is so nice. My mom, sister and Dad are just a mess over Carsyn and want to hold her and play with her all the time. Anytime Megan stops playing with Carsyn, Carsyn gets pissed off and starts screaming for her... the minute she comes back, she's HAPPY AND GIGGLING!! I have the monitor in here right now and she is doing her usual bed time cry and they are all CRINGING. I am just giggling at them. My dad keeps saying Shan, I can go in there and rock her to sleep if you need me to. HA, so precious! Don't worry I don't let her cry too long, no longer then 5 or 6 minutes (I know I am a push over) but they canNOT handle it. I've caught both my mom and sister in her room holding her tonight... oh well. ha!! She'll survive.

I filed our taxes today and I feel so relieved.

On to other news. Stinky news...
I work for a fairly small Non-Profit and funds are pretty low. I found out on Monday that we might be taking furlough until we find more funds.
I found out yesterday that this is for sure happening.
Super Big Sad Face :(
I love love love love my job and my company. But I obviously can't work for free nor can we make it without me working. Drew has 2 jobs plus 3 TA positions plus school. We are both working as hard as we can to make it, just like everyone else, so I've got to figure out some way to make money.

OBVIOUSLY I want to do photography but I have got to get my name out there.

Anyways, I am staying a few more days here with my family so they can help me take care of Carsyn and I can take some time to reevaluate my life and get things in order. Not sure how to do that yet, but we'll figure it out.

Thats all. Thats all thats on my mind. I will post some fun photos from the wedding after the weekend!!

5 comments:

Kelsey and Evan said...

i love you shan baby and believe it will all work out :)

Melinda said...

Sorry for the stinky news. Have you thought about working for the census? I am getting ready to start doing that. It is temporary and part-time with really flexible hours.

Leslie said...

So sad you have to leave a job you love; that is no fun. Praying that something falls into place soon!

Kinsey said...

That is sad news. I hate that I keep hearing things like that from people. Scary, but you will find something. Oh by the way, I started doing the Jillian Michaels workout too. Whew! It's sad when you realize how out of shape you are when Level 1 kicks your butt.

The Kowalskis said...

I am sorry times are stressful right now. I will be praying for you guys, that all works out!