But, by the orders of my mother and boss I called my doctor just to let them know what was up. So... my nurse freaks and tells me to go to Labor and Delivery, I need to get a bag of IV to get hydrated I need to have a stress test and get checked. My automatic reply is "Lady, seriously?? I am fine." Anyways, I find Drew and we go to L&D (after arguing for a few minutes about where the exact L&D entrance is.) Glad we worked that out today instead of the real day. YIKES!!
Anyways, upon arrival I get poked twice for an IV that doesn't work. OUCH! Who knew how painful those were. I get two bags of IV which actually made me feel pretty happy inside (and puffy)!! (it was basically sugar water). They do a stress test and I get to see the babies heart beat consistently for the first time... that was fun. It was in the 140's... any predictions on what we are having?? They do a sonogram... and we both tried to not look. I of course start looking for a penis.. but we really only saw the head so we didn't see much. On top of all of that my blood pressure was high so they wanted to monitor that as well.
Three hours later they let us leave and we breath a sigh of relief because we aren't exactly ready for baby C. I mean, I need to pack a bag and put the car seat in the car and I dunno... take a NAP!! ha!!
So all in all today was an interesting day.
Here is a picture of me this morning at 36.5 weeks.
See... I was feeling fine.
6 comments:
IT'S COMING SOOOOON!!!!!!
Yeah, I was glad to hear you didn't have a child yesterday. Only b/c I'm sure there's still a few more things you need to do. I would probably just now be setting up the baby room if I were you. Take it easy, girl.
you have got to be freaking kidding me that you have a baby in there. wow. can't wait to see you soon!!!
Shan!! I had a dream last night that you were having your baby and I was there. No lie. I meant to text you all day and tell you. AND it was a girl. So my prediction is girl although I've been thinking it'll be a boy. Love you:) I can't wait to see baby C!
Crazy! And yes, you have GOT to pack a bag! When I went into labor I couldn't think straight because I was excited and freaking out just a little bit, so do it early. I bet Baby C comes really soon though, and I think its a girl :)
Oh yeah, did they check you at the hospital to see if you had dilated at all???
Post a Comment