2.14.2010

Day 14 + An Interesting Day...

LONG STORY- but I would love for you to read and share your thoughts!
Today was an interesting day. We celebrated V-Day yesterday because Sundays are busy for us with traveling to church then usually rushing back home for me to do a shoot. I didn't have a shoot today so we decided to hang around in PTOWN after church fellowship to look for a place to live. Drew and I would love to be living in the community of the church we are serving in and are trying to figure out how to make that work. Drew is still putting a ton of time into school so unless some random miracle happens we can't move for another year. But our hearts are growing more and more eager to move to PTOWN so we are committed to praying and searching for what the Lord has in store for us.
ANWAYS...
We would love to buy a house, but Drew doesn't have a single full time job (lots of part time jobs that equal more than a full time, but not one full time) and this is really only the second year for my business to be in full swing. Soooo we aren't sure how to gage exactly what we will make. We hope in 2-3 years from now that this will be something we can do. We feel VERY called to love the people in PTOWN. We feel that living in a neighborhood and getting to know the community is a perfect way.
(sorry all of this is a preface for the story to come...)
So today, we looked at a few places and then we started to follow a sign that lead us to an open house. When we pulled up we knew it was way out of our price range. When we walked in and saw the flyer ($700,000) I quickly turned my heels to walk out. BUT the realtors saw us and began to chat. They were super nice people and wanted to show us a different place but still WAAAYYY out of our price range ($580,000!!) Drew and I grew up in TX and OK so seeing prices like this are hard, but we were prepared.
Driving into the neighborhood kids running around everywhere and little families all over the place. My eyes started to tear up because I knew we shouldn't even look because I would get disappointed. We walked into this house and it was great. Newly laid hard wood floors (hand laid by the owner) 4 bedrooms, and added on Master with a HUUGE bathroom, huge kitchen, great yard and deck. The owners were actually there so we had the opportunity to talk with them.
THIS IS WHERE THE STORY GETS CRAZY.
I had to ask why he wanted to leave a place that he had poured so much into. Long story short, he didn't want to leave but had to. The more we talked the crazier it got. He played music for a local church in town, he loved the Lord and just fell in love with us. We talked for a while and it was obvious that this man wanted us to live in his home. He started to cry and he said, maybe the Lord really is in control... maybe I am not. If you guys lived here and raised your family here I would be so happy. He procedeed to pray over us and the future of this house. I started crying of course because this mans heart was so sincere. Of course Drew is squezing my hand because we are both thinking OH MY GOSH WE CANNOT AFFORD THIS HOUSE WE SHOULD NOT HAVE COME, THIS IS CRAZY, HOW DID WE GET HERE, OH MY GOSH....
We said our goodbyes, got in the car and we were both overwhelmed with emotion.
We drove a little, because we didn't know what else to do, and then I said I think we need to pull over and pray babe. I just felt like IF ANYTHING we need to pray. As I began to pray all I could pray for was for this family... whatever the Lord has for them, let it be good. Please bless them Lord. I wanted to pray that by some miracle we could live there but Drew kept having to bring my heart back to reality.
But still... I am praying for a miracle... or to win the lottery.
Crazy day. I think I am going to leave the house hunting up to Drew for now on.

Day 14 in Photos
She has been hiding from us lately... so funny.

Carsyn and her Valentine...

7 comments:

Andy (yes, the one from church) said...

Awesome story, Shannon (yes, I followed your link here from FB...)

I'll be praying for your family - finances, guidance, wisdom.

Whether it's this home or something else, clearly you have received more confirmation that you are called to our city on the Coastside. At the very least, this encounter was that confirmation for you!

Thanks for sharing this story. I pray something awesome will work out for you guys to get a place here in PTOWN!

The Jungs said...

What an amazing story Shannon! It definitely sounds like an encounter that was meant to be, for some reason. I love the 28 day challenge and I think I'm going to do it too! Your pictures are wonderful!

Faith said...

Wow. That is intense. I almost started crying! How cool..miracles can happen!! Love the pictures.

amy said...

Hey, God has done crazier things before! I'll be praying for you guys that some type of awesome miracle happens!

jordan said...

wow! this is weird. very interesting!!
and c looks SO cute hiding from you!

Unknown said...

When you guys buy this house can me and the fam stay over when we are in town?

lizhoweth said...

it's so weird to hear you talk about pacifica. so weird YOU GUYS might be living there someday and we'll come visit you. weren't you guys supposed to be coming and visiting us there? anyway, all that said, it's already cool to see how God has moved and how things have worked out. you very well may live in that house someday =)