excuse me.... what does this mean?? can anyone explain?? Is my baby going to fall out of me tonight or something?? I am confused...
Today at my appointment my doctor told us that our baby has dropped and I am 90% effaced?? Then he told me he would see me next week. Should I be freaking out?!
2 comments:
Wow! That is so crazy! Maybe a reason to freak out, maybe not. My doctor told me at 37 weeks that I was 80% effaced (and I got all excited thinking that I was about to have the baby), and then when my water started leaking at 39 weeks and I went to the hospital the nurse said I was barely 40%, and she laughed and said that doctors over-estimate all the time. So, that probably doesn't help you at all, but thats what happened to me. Please keep us posted! Have you started having braxton-hicks contractions yet?
dropping is a good thing! and no, it certainly doesn't mean that the baby is going to just fall out (if only it were that easy). it simply means that the baby is moving down, into the birth canal, a very important step! look forward to pelvic pain, low back pain, and even more peeing! effacement means your cervix is softening. it was described to me this way: in early pregnancy, your cervix is hard like the tip of your nose. towards the end of pregnancy, it softens like your earlobe, then expands (dilates). all good steps towards baby c! hooray!
Post a Comment