Anyways, last night when she came in to sleep with us Drew said... "Shan, she can't sleep with us forever..." I waited a moment and then said, "WELL, in 16 years when she goes off to college in some other town you are going to be missing these nights that she would snuggle up to you!" He was quiet for a while and then I heard him telling her, "No Carsyn, you are going to be daddy's little surfer girl and you will never want to leave us..." I laughed and told him, "I loved my daddy too, more than the whole world, but I left him and moved across the country with some crazy surfer boy to start a new life." Nothing else was said, I could just hear him giving her kisses and he snuggled her in tight.
I woke up this morning to the two of them saying Mommy, wake up!
Something about little girls and their daddy's...
Also, we finally got a Kelty pack for hikes yesterday for $45!!!! through the moms club! Beats the $250 we were looking to spend at REI! We had a blast... just a little bit chilly!













5 comments:
Beautiful pictures!!! Oh, and I totally do the same thing with Levi sometimes if he wakes up in the middle of the night. Momma needs her sleep or everyone will be miserable. :) It's a sweet sweet time and I kinda love it when he wakes up in the middle of the night. Tee Hee.
Nobody has sleep mastered no matter what they say! Both of mine are in and out of bed with us every night and if they aren't ww miss it :) You're a good momma.
I ditto..I love it too, well must of the time. Sadie can have one heck of a elbow throw in the middle of the night!
What a sweet story and cute photos.
that anon. one was me - Kelly Sorry!
These are great pictures! Glad you guys got to go on a hike and use the new pack! :)
Post a Comment