11.06.2008

Advent Conspiracy...



Have you seen this video?? I stole it from my friend Hannah's site but wanted to share it! It really makes you think about how nasty (lack of a better word) we are as American consumers. But also reminds me to bring our focus solely to Christ and his gift to mankind this Christmas.

Drew and I have been talking lately about how we are not going to be able to buy real gifts this year for Christmas. Having Carsyn and me not working for the next two months makes for a tight budget. We are traveling to the Midwest for 2 and half weeks for Christmas to visit with family, but that also means, no work, so, no pay.

Anyways, after watching this video I am feeling inspired with ideas for Christmas! I am going to brain storm over the next few weeks and start posting ideas of gifts for the people that we love!!

Stay tuned!!

5 comments:

lizhoweth said...

that's really cool. thanks for sharing the video. my family keeps talking about "advent conspiracy" and I'm like, "what is this?" now I know. thanks girl.

...so, no $3,000 camera?

The Kowalskis said...

This is great! I can't wait to see what ideas you come up with.

Kelly said...

I really enjoyed this too, it is what Matt and I believe and want to do for our children. We are not going to do Santa Clause and probably not even presents...Birthdays though that is another story! Presents and cakes galour!

Melinda said...

You should just give everyone pictures of Carsyn for Christmas. They would love it!

Kelly said...

With such a beautiful baby...all you have to do is dress her up in a TuTu and take a picture...it will be like they received a million dollars and you can make you famous cin rolls...yum!