11.28.2008

Schedule...

When I had Carsyn I chose not to follow any books, didn't want to do the famous "baby wise", and didn't want to force her into a schedule that worked perfectly for me.

I wanted to get to know Carsyn and her needs and from there form a schedule. I knew that eventually we would work things out and she would form her very own schedule... and she has!!

She eats at 5:00 am 8:00 am 11:00 am 2:00 pm 5:00 pm 8:00 pm and 10:30 pm... sometimes in the afternoon she adds in an extra feeding if she is growing or just needing some extra love and I am totally fine with that.

She sleeps from about 11-11 but wakes up for feedings.

I am REALLY hoping she keeps this schedule for when I go back to work... it will be ideal!!

Well... here we are today just hanging out... and I snapped one of her working on a poop!


5 comments:

Meredith - Mama of FOUR! said...

Isn't it amazing how baby's naturally schedule themselves? Let me warn you though - the minute you think you have it perfectly figured out, they change it on you. Hopefully for the better though - fewer feedings and longer naps!

Whitney said...

I'm with you on not reading books to determine what you do with your baby. Each baby is different and doing what THEY need is key - not what a book tells you to do. Love that you're doing that with your sweet girl! Looks from here like you are completely successful! :)

Katie said...

Good for Carsyn! Because of Caleb's weight loss, we had to put him on a feeding schedule (per our pediatrician) and it worked wonderfully for him. Now that he's doing great with weight, I ease time between feedings and let him sleep longer, and he goes about 3-4 hours between feedings on his own. I remember someone telling me that babies naturally go on a 3 hour feeding routine, so books that insist that you "train" your babies to do this are really only suggesting what babies naturally do!!

The Kowalskis said...

She is the cutest, Shannon! Keep posting all your helpful mommy advice ;)

Simple Daisy said...

Hi there...
just stumbled onto your blog!! What a beautiful baby!! Good luck with the schedule....babies have a mind all their own!!