11.11.2008

To Be Blond or NOT to be Blond...

(FYI-this post is incredibly shallow sorry)

Did you know you can spell "Blond" b.l.o.n.d. or b.l.o.n.d.e and it means the same thing.

Strange

I have a confession to make. I am sorry if anyone has been lead to beleive differently. But here is goes...

I HIGHLIGHT MY HAIR.

ha

I am sure you all knew this because there aren't many true blondes anymore these days. My whole life my hair has been blonde. I didn't start highlighting it until maybe my senior year of High School to just add some extra spice to my life. At 18 why did I need extra spice?? Who knows.

Anyways... over the past 6 years my hair has gotten darker and darker... and finally after having Carsyn I am almost positive that I do not have one real strand of blonde left.

I am okay with this, but our budget isn't. I either go brown now and don't worry about keeping up with my hair or I keep dying it blonde and paying the bucks.

SO... I need some opinions... Do I go along with the trend and stay blonde?? OR do I stick with my roots (ha) and go brown!!

ALSO, I need an opinion on bangs... do I get swoopy bangs again or grow them out. One of these pictures I have bangs and then the one where I have the fluffy jacket on, no bangs... I need your thoughts friends.

Here you can really see my bangs... and you can notice my hair is getting darker. Umm.. or I just hadn't showered in a few days because we were camping. Yuck


REALLY BLONDE HERE! This is our 1 month married anniversary... aww


Aww.. the night we got engaged... No bangs.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am all about saving mooolaaa AND dark is sooo in right now... so I say go dark WITH swoopy bangs...realistic but still hot..

lub u shan baby

-Kbaby

lizhoweth said...

Well, you're just so pretty all the time that it doesn't really matter. But I've always liked your swoop bangs b/c I've always been jealous of them! They actually go to the side like they're supposed to! (My dumb callic) Um, and I like you blond but I've never seen you darker. So, I would need to see that b4 I could make a call. Wanna borrow my DARK hair dye? =)

danielle said...

shannon.. i have been having this same discussion with myself.. I decided to go dark, or more natural. I just figured it would be so much easier with Jackson on the way... even if I get some darker color put in to make it less mousey... I wont have to do it as much.. who knows? :)

adrianhitt said...

LOVE.YOUR.BLONDE.HAIR!! and your bangs are super cute. :)

Katie said...

Definitely love the bangs! As for hair color ... I'm totally with you. Who knows? I love being a highlighted blonde ... but this time of year I feel the urge to go darker, too. Sigh. Let me know what you decide!

Pascha said...

ok i say go brown or go home....
and no bangs, i think you look really pretty in your engagement photo, and i dont remember ever seeing you without bangs, me likey!!

Lee-Anne said...

okay, I have a box of blonde dye as per usual waiting to be used, and for two weeks i haven't done anything because I want to go brown. Now...why am I thinking about it? (you have seen me with pink, black, white, blonde, brown and red...).
Go brown. embrace it, then you can henna it much cheaper if you want touch up!
And swoopy bangs, you look so fresh with them in your pics!

The Hallams said...

Brown, with bangs!

Dana said...

Brown with bangs! I had to go back to my roots when I moved to Russia after being blonde (real/ fake) my whole life! But I kind of like it. Though I really want to be blonde again, I just don't trust a Russian with a Femmemullet to come anywhere near my hair!

Anonymous said...

Brown with bangs!

Whitney said...

I love your bangs, and I love your pretty golden locks. I'm sure you would look just as pretty if you went darker, but your blonde hair is one of the few that looks natural (heck, I didn't think you did a thing to your hair) and is truly golden blonde. Love it!

Leslie said...

I love the bangs. As for color, I love you blonde, but that may just be because I've never seen you brunette. I went dark when we were in Waco just to save money and LOVED it. In fact, when we go to OKC for Tgiving I have an appointment to go a bit darker again (I did highlights in Shawnee because it was crazy cheap!). Now's the time to try it (fall!) and if you don't love it, go back to blonde the next time!

Blaire said...

As you know, senior year of college I gave over to my hair getting darker, and dyed it from blonde to dark brown. I haven't gone back! I sometimes think I need to add some "spice" as you call it, back into my hair. But it is a lot less work having darker hair. As of the bang issue. It's all about how much time you would like to put into your hair everyday. I find that bangs require a little more work, but I do like them on you. But I think my final opinion would be dark with no bangs. It's just hair, have fun with it! If you don't like it you can dye it back blonde and add bangs. And bravo for having so many responses, I'm impressed.

Erin said...

Well, your blonde looks like real blonde, which is hard to achieve....so I don't know. I would say do whatever the budget allows. Why must it be so expensive to be a girl!?!??! ;)