Well, last night I did it. I pump a bottle, filled Carsyn's belly with milk, bundled her up and left her with a friend while I took a little adventure. I have been itching to get back to the gym and work off these extra pounds and I needed a jump start.
I finally found some work out shorts that covered my large booty (this is what needs to be worked off) thru my dirty hair into a pony tail and brushed my teeth for the first time that day at 5:00 p.m. (sorry, sometimes it's just not the first thing on my list when Carsyn is screaming and starving.)
I walk into the Gym and immediately realize that I am not in as good of shape as I was 9 months ago. The gym is surrounded with mirrors and I notice that I desperately need a tan and that my roots are begging to be bleached and my hips and booty... well thats why I was there.
I bolt to the class where TKB is about to begin and I find my spot in the back corner. My friend Pam, a L&D nurse met me there and she gave me a pep talk to begin. GOOD thing she did. She reminded me that I did have a baby just one short month ago and that I probably shouldn't even be in this class and to take it easy. Sloan, my favorite instructor ever, (besides good ol' Paige at OBU, Leslie, Kelsey give a shout out to Aerobics) was teaching the class. She is your typical instructor, tall, thin, blonde, not an inch of fat on her body, and acts as if she snorted speed on the way in. My kind of girl!
Sooo class begins and I QUICKLY realize that this is not where I need to be. I should probably be back at home sitting on my couch or maybe on the glide machine at level 1 for 3 minutes. TKB... not so much. I did my best to stay on beat the whole class with one quick trip to the bathroom to make sure my insides hadn't fallen out. One our later class finished and I was ready to hit the door.
I felt accomplished! I did it. My kicks were not as high as everyone else's. Maybe I didn't sweat as much as others... but I am giving myself huge props!
Hopefully next week will be much much better.
9 comments:
Umm... that was a really funny story!
But... that is quite the accomplishment!
I am surprised your innards didn't fall out! Good job - you are an inspiration!
You are brave...I didn't try anything but walking until after my 6 week check-up but I had stitches though so it was hard. I do the same thing with brushing my teeth when we have had a hard day. Half of the day is over and I realize I haven't even brushed them yet!
Oh, Paige!!! Straight out of the 80s and into a nasty gym near you! Those were the days... I joke about Paige, but that girl really did kick my butt. I could probably use a good dose of Paige right about now!
Way to go!! I can't wait to go to my six week appointment and get the "all-clear" from my doctor to work out again! For now, 30 minutes walks will have to do. Good for you! And I totally hear you with the toothbrushing thing ... :)
Way to go! Best line: I did my best to stay on beat the whole class with one quick trip to the bathroom to make sure my insides hadn't fallen out. HAHAHAHAH!
i am proud of you! hang in there!
I'm impressed you even made it to the gym! I don't have a baby and I struggle!! :)
Post a Comment